A budget, off-Strip hotel option, Sam’s Town has 645 guest rooms along with a 120,000+ square foot gaming floor.
What differentiates Sam’s Town from other casinos though, is their Mystic Falls Park located in the center of the property on the casino level. Sporting a glass roof, the naturally lit park is comprised of walking paths, streams, waterfalls, live trees, benches, and even a bar.
A relaxing 25,000-square-foot oasis in the middle of a casino, Mystic Falls Park is the perfect place to walk off a bad beat.
While the park is a scenic place to relax year-round, Sam’s Town does an incredible job decorating the atrium for the holidays. Sam’s Town even customizes the laser light show for the occasion. In addition to the lights and decor, Santa makes appearances at select times which Sam’s Town communicates on their Facebook Page.
See Also: 90+ Free things to do in Las Vegas.
A main draw to the park is the Sunset Stampede laser light show which runs daily and choreographs dancing water, fog, robotic animals, and lasers to detail the western pioneer experience. Think of it as the Bellagio Fountains on a smaller scale with lasers as an added effect.
Sam’s Town Sunset Stampede Show Times
Sam’s Town Sunset Stampede light show is offered:
- Monday through Thursday at 6 pm, 8 pm, and 10 pm.
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, the show is offered at 4 pm, 6 pm, 8 pm, and 10 pm.
Tips for attending the Sunset Stampede light show at Sam’s Town
- Get to the show before the scheduled time to secure your desired spot. Most prefer posting up right along the railing in front of the falls. Better yet, grab a drink at the bar (pictured below) before things get started.
- To experience the lighting element’s full effect, we recommend checking out a later show time after the sun goes down.
- Ensure to stop by during the holidays, as the park features some of the best Christmas decor in town!
- Sam’s Town also has a 56-lane bowling alley, an arcade, and a movie theater. If bringing kids, you can make a day of it.
- After the water and light show, stay for the gambling. According to slot hold data from the Nevada Gaming Commission, casinos in the Boulder reporting area (which Sams Town is) have looser slots then casinos on the Strip or Downtown Las Vegas.
Sam’s Town remains one of our favorite casinos away from the main tourist centers primarily because of the Mystic Falls Park, a unique aspect not found at any other resort in Las Vegas. Enjoy your time, and the light show!
I’m a former software salesman turned Vegas aficionado. While the craps table is my preferred habitat, I pull myself away to explore new attractions, shows, restaurants, and outdoor activities around Las Vegas with the intent of sharing my experiences.
Ultimately, I just want to help folks plan a better trip and save a few bucks in the process.