We may earn money from the companies and products mentioned in this post.
A trademark feature of any Las Vegas casino is the distinctive scent that immediately assaults your nose as you enter the property. While some visitors find fragrances used on the casino to be offensive, some patrons adore the distinct aroma of their favorite gaming floor.
A psychological tactic, resorts carefully select aromas to support their brand image, mask unpleasant odors, and keep you parked in front of a slot machine longer. In Fact, an early 90’s study by Dr. Alan Hirsch looked at differences in “coin in” or money gambled in a section of a casino using no scent one weekend and then introducing scent the next. The scented area showed a 45.1% increase in money gambled over the previous weekend. Hirsch also had a separate area of the casino floor where no fragrances were used either weekend and coin in was essentially flat. The bottom line is that fragrances make customers more likely to stick around and play for a longer period of time.
Most Vegas regulars have a favorite Las Vegas casino aroma that keeps them coming back. We crave the moment the smell hits our nostrils after being away for months or even years. It can be a nostalgic sensation, immediately reminding you of past trips, big wins and good times.
We got to wondering – Is it possible to purchase your favorite casino’s fragrance for use at home? After all, what better way to get over the post-Vegas blues than giving your home the distinctive tropical scent of properties such as Mandalay Bay or Mirage?
Aromasys, a company specializing in gaming and retail aroma systems actually sells the exact scents used in Las Vegas casinos for home use. Scents are available in a few different forms – Simply click through to the desired product and then select the casino’s scent you want from the dropdown menu.
- Traditional Candles: A 4 pack of casino scented candles that are hand-poured upon ordering and make for a perfect gift.
- Reed Diffusers: A set of 3, 7 oz. fragrance bottles, each with a replaceable cork. Each bottle comes with its own set of reeds.
- Room Sprays: Make any room smell like your favorite gaming floor with a few quick sprays.
- Fragrance Oil for use in Diffusers: For use in an electronic diffusing device you already have on hand. If you don’t already own a diffuser, you have the option of purchasing Aroma Retail’s custom diffuser (which comes with your choice of fragrance) or a comparable diffuser on Amazon which tends to be a tad cheaper.
Below are the fragrances used on Vegas casino floors which Aromasys is able to offer for use at home:
- Bellagio’s “Blue Ice” fragrance features Mediterranean Marine notes combined with cucumber, melon, rose, and lily among others.
- Caesars Palace’s “The Empire” scent, a mixture of lemon, mandarin, jasmine, rose and cyclamen among other ingredients
- Mandalay Bay’s “Coconut Spice” which utilizes coconut, banana, and pineapple to concoct this tropical ambiance.
- MGM Grand and Aria’s “Asian Garden” is a blend of vanilla, jasmine, lily, and tuberose. This scent is also used at Aria and Luxor.
- Mirage’s “Tropical Coco Mango” which is a fragrance utilized in the casinos which combines a combination of orange, pineapple, coconut, and jasmine to keep patrons on property.
- Cosmopolitan’s “Desert Breeze” scent is a conglomeration of fresh sea air, Tiare flower, orange blossom, and solar amber.
- Cromwell’s distinctive “Allure Noire” aroma features hits of tobacco leaves, cognac, warm leather, black pepper, and nutmeg. A scent I seek out every time in Vegas.
- Flamingo’s “White Cashmere” is a sweet aroma that combines elements like jasmine, tobacco flower, and ebony to create a distinct experience.
- Linq’s modern, clean “Linq A” scent is composed of Jasmine, Violet, Sandalwood, musk, and vanilla.
- Other scents that are available to buy from Aromasys include, Margaritaville’s “Sun & Sand”, MGM Signature’s “Volupta”, Nobu’s “Lemon Ginger”, Harrah’s “Mandarin Zest”, SLS’s “Scentserely”, Venetian’s “Arancia”, Luxor’s “Asian Garden”, Station Casino’s “Pacific Breeze”, Crystal’s “Black Orchid”, Vdara’s “Green Fig”, and Wynn’s “Asian Lily”.
For those of you that are nostalgic, Monte Carlo’s former “Pomegranate and Sage” scent is still available.
As Aromasys offers Las Vegas casino fragrances in convenient forms such as candles, reed diffusers, diffusing oil, and room spray, there is surely an option that will work in your home or make for a gift sure to be a hit.