A trademark feature of any Las Vegas casino is the distinctive scent that immediately assaults your nose as you enter the property. While some visitors find fragrances used on the casino to be offensive, some patrons adore the distinct fragrance of their favorite casino floor.
A psychological tactic, resorts carefully select aromas to support their brand image, mask unpleasant odors, and keep you parked in front of a slot machine longer.
In Fact, an early 90’s study by Dr. Alan Hirsch looked at differences in “coin in” or money gambled in a section of a casino using no scent one weekend and then introducing scent the next. The scented area showed a 45.1% increase in money gambled over the previous weekend.
As a control measure, a separate area of the casino used no fragrances during either weekend and the amount of money gambled was flat from week to week.
The bottom line is that fragrances make customers more likely to stick around and play for a longer period of time.
Most Vegas regulars have a favorite Las Vegas casino aroma that keeps them coming back. We crave the moment the smell hits our nostrils after being away for months or even years. It can be a nostalgic sensation, immediately reminding you of past trips, big wins, and good times.
We got to wondering – Is it possible to purchase Las Vegas casino fragrances for use at home? After all, what better way to get over the post-Vegas blues than giving your home the distinctive tropical scent of properties such as Mandalay Bay or Mirage?
Las Vegas Casino Scents for Sale for Use at Home
Aroma Retail, a company specializing in gaming and retail aroma systems sells the exact scents used in Las Vegas casinos for home use. Scents are available in a few different forms that include candles, diffusing oil, and room sprays.
To shop, simply click through your desired product below, and then select the casino’s scent you want from the dropdown menu.
Note: If you’re seeking a scent used in an MGM Resorts property, it’s likely easier to shop by first clicking your desired resort scent (further down the page). From there, you’ll be able to select your desired product (candles, oil, etc) from a dropdown.
- Traditional Candles: A 4 pack of casino scented candles that are hand-poured upon ordering and make for a perfect gift.
- Reed Diffusers: A set of 3, 7 oz. fragrance bottles, each with a replaceable cork. Each bottle comes with its own set of reeds.
- Room Sprays: Make any room smell like your favorite gaming floor with a few quick sprays.
- Fragrance Oil for use in Diffusers: For use in an electronic diffusing device you already have on hand. If you don’t already own a diffuser, Aroma Retail offers both a custom diffuser (which comes with your choice of fragrance) or a slightly less expensive travel diffuser that you can pair with discounted fragrance oil.
- Wax Melter: A newer product, the wax melter can be paired with your choice of scented wax bars. The 4″ diameter, white porcelain candle warmer/wax melter plugs into a traditional wall outlet.
- Mix and Match: A popular option, Aroma Retail allows you to mix and match any 3 products and/or fragrances.
Popular Casino Scents Offered
You can also shop by scent. Simply click your desired casino fragrance and then you’ll be able to select what type of product you want from the dropdown (candle, diffusing oil, etc.).
Note: Aroma Retail’s product pages for scents used at MGM Resorts properties no longer mention the name of the resort the fragrance is used in – Rest assured, the scent we link to below is the exact same fragrance used at the property.
- Bellagio’s “Blue Ice” fragrance features Mediterranean Marine notes combined with cucumber, melon, rose, and lily among others.
- Caesars Palace’s “The Empire” scent, a mixture of lemon, mandarin, jasmine, rose and cyclamen among other ingredients.
- Wynn’s “Asian Lily” fragrance offers a floral aroma with notes of lemon verbena, rose petals, bamboo wood, and clear musk.
- Venetian’s “Arancia” fragrance is a fruity blend of orange, pear, lemon, apple blossom, ginger flower, clove, and nutmeg. This scent has been used in the casino since 2015.
- Mandalay Bay’s “Coconut Spice” utilizes coconut, banana, and pineapple to concoct this tropical ambiance.
- Mirage’s “Tropical Coco Mango” is a fragrance utilized in the casinos which combines a combination of orange, pineapple, coconut, and jasmine to keep patrons on property.
- Cosmopolitan’s “Desert Breeze” scent is a conglomeration of fresh sea air, Tiare flower, orange blossom, and solar amber.
- Cromwell’s distinctive “Allure Noire” aroma features hits of tobacco leaves, cognac, warm leather, black pepper, and nutmeg. A scent I seek out every time in Vegas.
- Flamingo’s “White Cashmere” is a sweet aroma that combines elements like jasmine, tobacco flower, and ebony to create a distinct experience.
- Harrah’s “Mandarin Zest” is a combination of sparkling aldehydes, mandarin lemongrass, apple, rose, and base notes of amber woods.
- Linq’s modern, clean “Linq A” scent is composed of Jasmine, Violet, Sandalwood, musk, and vanilla.
- Nobu’s “Lemon Ginger” is a sophisticated blend of citrus, mint, sandalwood, nutmeg, incense, jasmine, and cedar.
- Margaritaville’s “Sun & Sand” smells of the beach with notes of orange blossom, white rose, amber musk, driftwood, and sunlily.
- Aria, MGM Grand, and Luxor’s “Asian Garden” is a blend of vanilla, jasmine, lily, and tuberose.
- Vdara’s “Green Fig” gives the illusion of green freshness with a blend of green leaves, fig, bergamot, pear, basil, lime, and pine notes.
- MGM Signature’s “Volupta” offers a “masculine” blend of mandarin, orange zest, champaca flowers, patchouli blooms, and notes of cade oil.
- M Resort’s “White Tea & Fig” combines fig, white tea, citrus, thyme, white peach, jasmine, and musk to create this casino’s distinct scent.
- Crystal’s “Black Orchid” offers a unique aroma of orchid, jasmine, sandalwood, peach, and vanilla.
- Station Casinos “Pacific Breeze” is used at Green Valley Ranch and offers notes of crisp calone, sicilian bergamot, sea lily, and ocean musk to create the aroma reminiscent of the coast.
- Trump Towers’ “Golden Bamboo” is a luxurious and fresh blend of melon rind, crisp bamboo, water lily, Turkish rose, and jasmine.
As Aroma Retail offers Las Vegas casino fragrances in convenient forms such as candles, reed diffusers, diffusing oil, room spray, and offer the ability to mix & match, there is surely an option that will work in your home or make for a gift sure to be a hit.
See Also: Ways to save money in Vegas – Check out these simple strategies!
Feature Image: ©belchonock/123RF.COM
I’m a former software salesman turned Vegas aficionado. While the craps table is my preferred habitat, I pull myself away to explore new attractions, shows, restaurants, and outdoor activities around Las Vegas with the intent of sharing my experiences.
Ultimately, I just want to help folks plan a better trip and save a few bucks in the process.