There are few people that can call themselves staples of Las Vegas, but Pete Vallee certainly fits the bill. Pete stars as “Big Elvis” which is a free show offered multiple days and times per week at Harrah’s Piano Bar which is located at the front of the property near the Las Vegas Strip.
Pete’s legacy in Las Vegas extends beyond his current stint at Harrah’s, however, as he has performed in numerous casinos to include Sahara, several Stations Casinos, and Barbary Coast/Bill’s Gambling Hall. In fact, Big Elvis owns the belt as the longest-running Elvis production in Las Vegas.
To say Big Elvis has attracted a cult following would be an understatement, as Vallee has earned himself mentions in the Las Vegas Review Journal’s “Best of Las Vegas” and was named one of the Best 10 Shows in Vegas by USA Today. Even Time Magazine has weighed in, naming Vallee as one of the Top Ten Elvis impersonators in the entire country.
Immortality is a pretty cool thing, and Pete Vallee has earned that via his own star on the Las Vegas Walk of Stars. You can visit the star etched into the sidewalk outside of Harrah’s Piano Bar. Additionally, the Clark County Commissioners have dubbed February 27th as Peter “Big Elvis” Vallee day. Much deserved.
Big Elvis Show Times at Harrah’s Piano Bar
The Big Elvis show is back and plays from 2 pm to 5 pm on Thursday and Friday weekly.
Tips and Tricks for seeing Pete Vallee Star as Big Elvis
- Get to the Piano Bar early to snag a seat. As a popular show, the room fills quickly and many fans are relegated to standing outside the bar on the casino floor.
- If you don’t get there early enough for a seat in the bar, you can still grab a cocktail. About 30 feet from the Piano Bar is a gift shop that sells cold canned beer and cocktails. Grab one, or 6, for the show.
- Got a favorite Elvis song or two? Request them! Pete knows every Elvis song, no matter how obscure, and takes requests.
- Got a Big Elvis lover on your gift list? Check out the merchandise available via Piete Vallee’s online store, here.
- Big Elvis fans can also check out “Big Elvis: The Pete Vallee Story”, a documentary available on Amazon Prime, here.
- Have a great time checking out Big Elvis at Harrah’s! One thing we also like to point out is that you can also enjoy the Big Elvis show from home via Pete Vallee’s YouTube channel here. There is no better way to cure the post-Vegas blues.