Taxi cabs and shuttles have dominated airport transportation in Las Vegas for decades, however, Uber and Lyft are now commonly leveraged as ride share’s popularity grows nationwide. While the location to catch a shuttle or cab at McCarran is easy to find and enjoys clear labeling, the ride share pickup location is a bit murkier.
Given our own struggles finding the Uber and Lyft pickup location at McCarran on numerous occasions, we thought it may be helpful to construct step-by-step instructions to aid in finding them in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 3.
Note: We don’t suggest requesting your Uber or Lift pickup in the app until you arrive at the designated ride share pickup location as they commonly are staged and arrive quickly.
Where to Find the Ride Share Pickup Location in Terminal 1 of McCarran Intl. Airport
- If you did not check a bag, stay on level 2 and make your way towards the parking garages which are labeled.
- You’ll know you’re on the right path if you pass over baggage claim below and see the “Hacienda” airplane hanging from the ceiling to the left.
- Keep walking toward the parking ramp past the retail shops on either side. Slots will be in the middle isle tempting you, avoid the temptation and save your action for an actual casino.
- Once you get to the parking ramp, take the pedestrian bridge to the Terminal 1 parking garage.
- At this point, follow the signs to the designated Uber/Lyft pickup location.
If checking a bag, follow the signs to baggage claim to snag your bag. Once you do, take an elevator back up to level 2 and head towards the parking ramp following the steps above.
Where to Find The Ride Share Pickup Location in Terminal 3 of McCarran Intl. Airport
- Once you de-board your plane, follow the signs for baggage claim.
- Keep walking past baggage claim towards the doors to leave the terminal, but do not leave.
- When you reach the doors, take a nearby escalator or elevator up one level to “Level 1”. Those escalator/elevator options can be found by doors 52, 54, or 56. This step is poorly labeled at the airport. I have found myself getting tripped up here a few times.
- After taking an escalator/elevator up to level one, simply cross the pedestrian bridge to the Terminal 3 parking garage and you’re home free.
Where Can Ride Share Services Drop Off at McCarran?
Ride Share operators Uber and Lyft can drop you off at either terminal’s departure lane which is the same drop-off point that traditional cabs ad the general public use.
Hopefully, our step by step guide to finding the ride share pickup locations at both Terminals 1 and 3 of McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas was helpful! Have the instructions handy as signing in the airport directing visitors to Uber/Lyft pick up locations is certainly lacking.
Feature Image: ©brunopui/123RF.COM