Very few things in Las Vegas are free, but the Downtown Loop shuttle is a welcome exception. Moving guests from site to site downtown, the Loop is an efficient, cheap, way to get from place to place.
Running from the Mob Museum all the way down to Strat on the north end of the Las Vegas Strip, the Downtown Loop free shuttle can be a valuable tool if you wish to visit a destination on it’s route.
How to Ride the Free Downtown Loop Shuttle
It couldn’t be easier. Simply stand by the Downtown Loop sign that marks a designated stop (listed below). When you board, simply tell the driver where you are looking to visit. They will then remind you when they reach the stop you desire to get off at. No ticket, phone app, or reservation is needed.
Downtown Loop Shuttle Hours of Operation
The Downtown Loop Shuttle runs Sunday – Thursday from 11 am to 6 pm and Friday and Saturday from 3 pm to 10 pm. There are no set times or schedule that the shuttle adheres to beyond that, it simply runs continuously around the loop. In our experience, however, you’ll never have to wait long for a ride as there are more than one bus in circulation.
Downtown Loop Shuttle Cost
Riding the Downtown Loop shuttle is completely FREE. Even better, tipping is not an expectation as it tends to be on other Las Vegas shuttles. We learned that drivers are not allowed to accept tips when our attempt was rejected. Completely free, which is rare for Las Vegas.
Downtown Loop Free Shuttle Stops
Note that Downtown Loop stops are clearly marked by a sign on the sidewalk. Simply stand by the sign and wait for the next shuttle to scoop you up.
Although the Downtown Loop shuttle doesn’t run on a set schedule, you can track the shuttle in real time with the “Go Vegas” phone application.
- City Hall
- Mob Museum
- Circa Hotel and Casino
- Fremont Street Experience – Main Street
- Fremont East on Sixth Street
- Symphony Park
- Pawn Plaza
- Arts District
- Strat Hotel and Casino
- Las Vegas North Premium Outlets
- Bonneville Transit Center
Downtown Loop Tips and Suggestions
- Are you looking to get back to your Strip hotel after spending a day on Fremont Street? Hop on the shuttle and get off at STRAT. Once there, enjoy their observation deck and cheap table games when compared to other Strip resorts. Afterward, snag an Uber/Lyft to your Strip hotel, which will be slightly cheaper than if you had grabbed one from Fremont Street.
- Visit the Arts District. Seriously. While overlooked by many visitors, the 18 block Arts District is home to numerous art galleries, antique stores, bars, restaurants, and breweries. It’s a different world than the “touristy” parts of Vegas. Stop in for drinks and/or dinner. You won’t regret it.
We were impressed with the ease with which the Downtown Loop shuttle was to use. The driver was knowledgeable, gave tips on what to visit, and was friendly. For those looking to visit destinations on the Loop’s route, the system is a valuable amenity.