As one of the more romantic activities one can partake in while in Vegas, the gondola rides at Venetian tend to be pretty popular. There are two separate rides to choose from. The first is outdoors and provides stunning views of the exterior of the Venetian property and north end of the Las Vegas Strip. The other is indoors and runs along the extraordinarily themed canals in the Grand Canal Shoppes.
Whichever path you choose, you can expect your gondolier to serenade you and your guest as they would in Venice, Italy.
Personally, we have a preference for the indoor gondola track as the intricacy of Venetian’s indoor theming is truly extraordinary. At night, however, the outdoor ride is difficult to beat with the lights of Vegas beaming.
How Much Do Gondola Rides at the Venetian Cost?
$29 per person Monday – Thursday and $36 per person Friday – Sunday. Optional photo packages start at $32.
How and Where to Buy Tickets to the Venetian Gondola
There are 2 separate ticket offices where tickets can be purchased. The first is outdoors near the boarding area for the outdoor ride. The indoor ticket office is located near St. Mark’s Square and the Waterfall Atrium in the Grand Canal Shoppes.
Venetian Gondola Ride Hours of Operation
Indoor Gondolas run from 10 am – 11 pm Thursday through Sunday and extend the closing time to midnight Friday – Sunday.
Outdoor Gondolas run from 10 am – midnight 7 days per week.
Venetian Gondola Ride Tips and Tricks
- Catch the “Gondolier March” daily along the indoor canal at 9:50 am and again at 4:20 pm. Gondoliers march along the indoor canal, at the gondola turn around while singing in unison.
- Your Gondolier will likely remind you, but kissing under bridges as you pass underneath is considered to bring good luck. Can’t hurt!
- Venetian’s Gondolas seat 4 people, so if the attraction is busy, it is likely that you will get doubled up with another couple. Note that the gondola is configured so couples are facing each other… The seating arrangement can be a little awkward for some. If it’s important to you that you have the gondola to yourself, ensure you reserve a private gondola for $156.
- Keep an eye out for deals. Venetian is currently offering Two Free Gondola Rides with a hotel booking if traveling before December 31st of 2020. View that specific offer here.
- Stick around for the free Streetmosphere show in St. Mark’s Square. A team of performers with various talents to include singers and jugglers perform multiple times per day.
- Tipping the Gondolier is appreciated. As with any other service, tip based on the experience provided. A $5-$10 tip per couple is plenty though.
Whether you are jumping in a gondola at Venetian to propose, or for a romantic date night, we hope you have a great time! Ensure to stick around and explore Venetian in its entirety as it is one of the most elaborate in all of Vegas.